Happy Friday! Today's post is the first of a new series called "Trend Report" in which I share some of the trends I'm loving at the moment along with some of the key pieces I have my eye on. As you know, Jason and I are headed up to snowy New York for a Friend's wedding today and the impending chill has me dreaming of all things Spring.
To keep my thoughts focused less on the cold and more on our upcoming Caribbean jaunt later this month, today's trend report features my favorite color of the season - blush. Not only are each of these pieces lovely in their own right, but they are all very reasonable ways to incorporate this trend into your existing wardrobe. After all, I'm a firm believer in investing in versatile pieces that you can wear year-round and some carefully chosen accessories and updates allow you to do so without becoming bored.
- First up is this beautiful silk scarf from J.Crew. As someone with a total weakness for silk scarves, I'm so happy that more brands are offering reasonably priced options in on-trend colors like this beauty. What I love the most about it though is that you can just as easily pair it with a basic white blouse or sundress in the spring and summer and then with head-to-toe black in the early fall and late winter as the perfect transitional accessory.
- I LOVE hats, but finding one that's chic and doesn't break the bank can be quite the feet at times. Needless to say, when I spotted this one the other day I was smitten. Not only does it feature the wide brim characteristic of higher end hats, but it also comes in this beautiful off blue, grey that I may snatch up as well. Plus, at only $12.99 how can you beat it?
- These ruffle pants are what dreams are made of! Beyond being in the perfect pale pink shade, these trousers also have the cutest ruffle detail that I can't get enough of lately.
- You know I love earrings almost as much as I love silk scarves and these cuties are just what the doctor ordered for Spring. Since purchasing a few BaubleBar goodies last season I've had my eye on this pale hued pair to update even the most basic look.
- Mules are all the rage this season and one brand that consistently gets rave reviews is Loeffler Randall. When I stumbled across these ruffled ones the other day I was smitten. My only hesitation is the price (I'm not certain that I will use a trendy piece like this enough to spend that much on it).
- Next, is another BaubleBar find that I've been eyeing since last summer and I may finally add it to my collection this spring.
- Last but certainly not least is the loveliest rosewater that I recently rediscovered. Years ago I was a regular user and lover of Jurlique and since Sephora restocked this Aussie brand I've been wanting to add their rosewater back into my routine. One part toner, one part refresher this spritz has the daintiest rose scent that enlivens my mood with every spray. Plus, the bottle is gorgeous which is always a bonus.
Until next time, Audrey