I have pretty big plans for this weekend and I can't wait to get started! First up on the agenda is to potentially paint the brick on our downstairs fireplace. A few weeks ago I painted the mantle and have been itching to paint the bricks ever since. Normally I wouldn't be keen on painting over brick, but the bricks in the downstairs fireplace aren't original and have been repaired with mismatched cement so I think painting it will make a world of difference. Next up, Jason and I are hoping to start patch testing our floors for the best way to refinish them. Fingers crossed that all goes well and if you have experience refinishing old pine floors, let me know in the comments what worked for you. Now, onto what I've been loving this week.
1. First up, I recently discovered the silk scarf brand Sabina Savage that I am smitten with. These scarves are undoubtedly pricey but they are truly pieces of art and I can't stop admiring them.
2. Next up, I am completely excited to see the new Peter Rabbit movie - even though it's more for kids than adults. I love all things Beatrix Potter so this is right up my alley.
3. As a lover of the Brontë sisters I would love to own their childhood home. It recently went up for sale and I'm in love.
4. I discovered Marston House in Vinalhaven Maine recently and can't get enough of Sharon and Paul. There are a few features about this inspiration couple floating around the internet but this one is a personal favorite.
5. Last but not least, these vintage pictures of New York are the perfect dose of nostalgia that I need today.