Today, I want to share a quick review and 20 ways to wear my new Everlane Mid-Rise Skinny Jeans. This post kicks off a new review series where I'll be sharing a recent purchase along with a quick review and a few ways to style that item year-round. First up, is the Everlane Mid-Rise Skinny Jean in the ankle cut. I picked these up in December and have been very happy with them so let's kick things off with the basics including price, color, material and size.
THE DETAILS - PRICE, COLOR, SIZE
- PRICE: These jeans retail for $68 and according to Everlane's competitor analysis of similar jeans, they have a traditional retail of $140.
- COLOR: These are available in black, white, dark blue, medium blue and light blue. I picked them up in the medium blue because I think it's a very easy wash to work with year-round.
- MATERIAL: These are a very flattering and comfortable blend of 98% cotton, 2% elastane. According to Everlane, "this premium 11 oz Japanese denim has an authentic feel with a touch of stretch—and doesn’t bag out."
- SIZE: I typically wear either a 26 or 27 (2 or 4) in jeans and I'm on the shorter side at 5'4" so I picked these up in a 26 ankle length and they fit perfectly!
- FIT: Like I mentioned, I'm on the shorter side and with a few very rare exceptions all jeans are too long but the shortened 26.5" inseam on these is perfect! They graze my ankles just where I like because I love to show a little ankle and I think that showing just enough paired with the right shoes helps to elongate the foot and make me appear taller. Also, the overall sizing of these is perfect and I think very TTS for a 26. They are form fitting but not too tight and most importantly, the mid-rise which has a 9" rise, comes at the perfect spot on my midsection so they're not too high or too low and give me the high rise look without being ridiculous. Now, if you're looking to pick these up yourself there are a few things I think you should keep in mind. First, the regular inseam isn't too long like some jeans so if you really don't like a cropped look to your jeans then I would definitely go with the regular length - I could almost wear them on my shorter frame! Also, if you have a very exaggerated difference between your waist and hips you will likely need to have these taken in. If you're typically between sizes or you've had trouble finding well-fitting jeans in the past, I recommend sizing up and having the waist taken in.
I couldn't love these jeans more! For me, they're a perfect mid wash blue and offer just enough stretch to be comfortable and flattering, but not too much that they'll wear out in 1 season.
Now, with that said, I would like them a little bit better if they were 100% cotton because I personally love the look, feel and longevity of 100% cotton denim, but I do think these will last at least a few years despite being a blend.
Also, I love the mid rise and think that it's a very flattering rise and is a great way to get the high rise look if you're on the shorter side like me. When it comes to general wear and tear, they've washed and dried beautifully so far without losing their shape, color or ay stitching. I'm definitely not precious with them and I have washed and dried them a ton and they haven't shrunk. Plus, like all Everlane items they are ethically made and feature style and craftsmanship that far exceeds their price point. For 20 style different ways to wear them, you can click on the video to the right. Thanks so much for watching and chat soon!