It's hard to believe that January is nearly over! I know that everyone says this, but this year is absolutely flying by. To close out this month, and every other month moving forward, I will be doing a quick recap post of what I posted both here and on Instagram and what I'm looking forward to. I will also be sharing a monthly favorites video moving forward in which I will share everything I loved from the previous month ranging from fashion to beauty and movies to books. So, without further ado here's what I've been up to in January.
The name of the game for January was simplicity with a newfound focus for the year ahead. Both here, on my Instagram and on my YouTube channel I worked to streamline everything a little more to redirect the message I hope to relay. After launching a new blog layout, I officially switched over my closet for winter and focused on streamlining what I have even further. With a newfound love of simplistic separates in neutral colors, my 26 piece capsule reflected this new direction and was one of my favorite posts this month. Below, I've listed the other bits and bobs that I shared.
- My 2017 goals for the year focused on new ways I can get to know my city as well as a few house updates that we're hoping to make. All-in-all, I'm excited for what this year has in store and have already made some headway.
- For Christmas I received the Cuyana Travel Set in blush and am absolutely smitten! You can read my rave review here.
- My most-worn items for 2016 re-confirmed that I have an affinity for classic basics in neutral colors and should spend more time utilizing them in 2017.
- In two new "Project 1-4-4" posts, I shared how I style black pants and a striped tee across all four seasons. Both videos got me excited to wear these classic staples even more.
- My winter fashion haul was chock full of some of great pieces that have already become staples in my wardrobe - like these amazing booties that I can't stop wearing.
- With all of the January sales it can be hard to differentiate the hype from what you really need. To make things easier and help you from making impulse buys you may regret, I rounded up some classic closet staples that you can wear far beyond the sales rush.
- Even though my winter purchases were predominantly classics that I can wear beyond this season, I still had a few trend driven items so I put together my pointers for adding trend pieces to your closet without breaking the bank.
- Like I mentioned above, my winter capsule is full of simple separates in neutral colors that have really served me well so far.
- One of my 2017 goals for this site is to personalize it all a little more so a little bit ago I shared some random facts about me so we could get to know each other a little better.
- My first official winter capsule OOTD went live last week and it was jam-packed of everything I'm loving this season - black, grey and accessories.
- Also last week I shared my first official house update since moving in! Everything is coming along nicely and I'm hoping to have a bedroom reveal for you shortly.
- Last but not least, my final video for the month was a quick round-up of five ways I like to style my silk scarves in fall and winter.
Phew! When I put it all in a list like that I can see how much I've actually accomplished this month (so gratifying for someone who LOVES lists). Now, for February I have a super busy month jam-packed with travel so be on the lookout for a packing post, some of my first beauty videos and potentially a February fashion challenge - I'm still working out the specifics. Plus, I've also got a new video layout launching tomorrow that I hope you love.
Until then, I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the day and thank you so much for stopping by.