Spring Wardrobe Planning
It's hard to believe it's already that time again! With the holidays, work on the house, travel and more, this season has absolutely flown by. Even though the official first day of spring isn't until March 20th, I've gotten a head start on my spring additions this year because Jason and I will be in the Caribbean for a family wedding at the end of February. Plus, being back down south has meant that I need to embrace warmer weather much earlier than I used to. So, today's post is all about what I'm picking up for the new season as well as my inspiration for the coming months.
Maybe it's the fact that I'll be turning 30 this spring, or that I now have warmer weather year-round, but my inspiration for this coming season is light, bright and effortless. With strong floral notes and an ethereal tie to nature, I've been craving light pastels and crisp white in soft fabrics. As always, I've helped focus my sartorial goals with excessive pinning. I've embedded some of my favorites below, but you can see the full scope over on Pinterest here and here.
The colors I'm craving this spring are every shade of white and cream under the sun, with accents of rich pink, pale peach and muted green.
The help round it all out, I also plan on sporting bright cheeks and highlighted skin with rich brown accessories as much as possible.
- One of my favorite ways to update my look for spring is to make beauty tweaks. This spring one that I'm loving is a bright pop of color on the lips and cheeks with minimal makeup everywhere else. To accomplish this I'm loving the Gressa Lip Boosts which offer the loveliest colors that last for ages.
- Next up is a classic pair of espadrilles. I love espadrilles for their ease, and my go-to pair recently ran out so I'm excited to have this staple back in my closet.
- Beyond beauty I think that jewelry (and all accessories for that matter) is a great way to update basic pieces. These gorgeous gem earrings are just what the doctor ordered - and only $22! I originally had my eye on this pair but the light pink unfortunately washed me out.
- Another way I'm excited to update my wardrobe this spring is with this bright silk scarf from LOFT. I recently picked this up and not only was it extremely reasonable, but the construction and colors are gorgeous.
- If you saw my trend report post then you know that I've had my eye on the recently released H&M straw hats that are under $20. I recently picked up both the pink and this one and couldn't be happier with them.
- Next isn't something I can purchase per-se but more something that I hope to accomplish and experience this spring. Personally, one of the greatest benefits of having a minimized wardrobe is that it has allowed me to spend less time worrying about what to wear and more time living. This spring I hope to take full advantage of that and spend my days surrounded by nature, fresh flowers and the ones I love.
- Last but not least is one that I will likely hold off purchasing for a bit but wanted to include it none-the-less. As someone who loves penny loafers and Everlane I was thrilled when I saw that they released penny loafers. Since their release I have been absolutely smitten with them but can't fully justify purchasing them when we're about to head into sandal weather.
Until next time,